What is Mailbase?
Mailbase is a service which runs electronic discussion lists for the UK higher education and research community.
You can look at our extensive documentation, which is available on the web, via email or on paper.
- List owners
Every Mailbase list has a list owner who will tell you more about their list.
The Mailbase helpline will answer any queries or questions you have about Mailbase. We receive and answer about 300 messages from our users every week.
The Mailbase team
Mailbase has a small dedicated team who are responsible for:
- System development and administration
- Running a large dedicated email system
- Maintaining a website with over 200,000 distinct webpages
- Looking after a database which holds details of all our lists and list members
- Running a helpline and writing documentation to help our users
- Giving workshops and presentations around the country
- Continually improving and updating our service
Our discussion lists cover a vast range of topics, including cognitive psychology, HE admin, semi-group theory, musicology, physiotherapy, 18th century Scottish literature, nutrition and fish diseases. And if we don’t have a discussion list which interests you, we could help you set one up!